We don't have an espresso machine (I WANT ONE SO BAD!) or a milk frother or anything fancy! That's ok though, because it was still incredibly satisfying on this beautiful October morning.
Pumpkin Spice "Latte"
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs Raw Honey or Agave Nectar (or more to taste)
- A few teaspoons of sugar or stevia (NO SPLENDA, EW)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- HOT, strong, freshly brewed coffee OR 2 shots of espresso
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Add the ingredients to a small sauce pan except the coffee, stir to combine. You could add the coffee but me and my husband like different amounts of pumpkin in ours so I keep the mixture separate, giving us the option to decide the ratio of coffee to pumpkin mixture :) Heat over Medium heat until hot BUT DO NOT BRING TO A BOIL!!
- Remove from heat. I took my hand mixer that I already had out to make whipped cream and I tried to "froth" my milk mixture a bit. If you have a blender I'm sure that would work even better, or better yet a MILK FROTHER!! It's not necessary, just an option.
- Divide the mixture between two mugs, and add coffee. I prefer about half and half, keegan likes more coffee and less of the Pumpkin Spice mixture. Stir well. Top with homemade whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. If you're trying to be healthy, skip the whip ;) Or not... it'll be our little secret. Enjoy!