Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11, 2014-Chicken and Dumplings Simplified

Hey ya'll!

By popular demand here is the recipe for Chicken and Dumplings, which was actually given to me by my Mother in Law, so thanks Meaghan! It's so easy, even I, the challenged one, can make it.

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:

-Three chicken breasts (I just cut mine in half, you can also cube them)
-One carton chicken broth (I used three packets of chicken bullion and five cups water)
-One can cream of chicken soup
-One bag frozen mixed veggies
-One can buttermilk biscuits
-Seasoning of choice (My MIL uses Johnny's)

Directions:
Place chicken, chicken broth, cream of chicken, veggies, and seasoning (I used salt, pepper, and garlic powder) in crock pot. You want there to be enough liquid so that it's covered. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours. The last hour of cooking quarter the biscuits, roll each one, and drop in the crock pot. Don't stir, just close the lid and let it be. Come back and TAAA- DAAA! Delicious chicken and dumplings. Talk about comfort food.. this hits the spot. Spoon that goodness into a bowl and enjoy! Don't forget to share with your loved ones.

P.S I had to buy everything for this except the bullion and the seasoning...spent only $8.00 and it made a ton, AND I have a chicken breast left over that I can use for lunch tomorrow.

I also bought generic brand veggies and biscuits, cause I'm poor.

I would love to try and healthify this because this is more of a cheat meal for me, and I already have a sodium headache. (It was so worth it, though) I'm thinking homemade chicken stock, try to find a sub for the cream of chicken, and make my own dumplings? I don't know, I'm definitely not a chef! If I figure something out I will definitely let y'all know.


I couldn't get a good picture. I know, I know, I'm sorry.
But here's my cute dog :)




No comments:

Post a Comment